27 December 2009

{ 03.04 } .. . verdant

together we will corner languor

I’ve been told that I am making it up all the time. Whilst this is mostly true, it still seems a little peevish of her to point it out. At least, she isn’t calling me an out-and-out liar.

So, here is something that seems to be mostly true. When I look at her now, I see the woman she used to be. I see a face that had given men pause. I see a figure that shimmied and swayed like sultry, seductive jazz. And there is still something in her eyes that sometimes reveals the vixen in her heart, something that erases twenty years with a sidelong wink.

As we linger on a wide expanse of cotton and down, relishing this momentary eternity, I check to see that I’m not in dream after the tide of make-believe recedes.

spiral scratch
how sweet it is (to be loved by you) .. . { marvin gaye, hitsville, usa }
rodeo of fallen stars .. . { swank, pappy’s corn squeezin’s }
girlfriend .. . { matthew sweet, girlfriend }



No comments: